Delhi is a vibrant city with so many things happening at the same time. However, with the same mundane and busy life people tend to get bored. They cannot really afford to go on a proper vacation for long due to their busy schedules and so look for weekend getaways near Delhi only.
Looking for exciting and refreshing weekend getaways near Delhi away from the maddening crowd and hustle bustle of city life? Here we have shortlisted some of the best weekend getaways near Delhi–
- Mathura and Vrindavan- Both these places are around 140 km away from Delhi. They are pilgrimage centres with a number of famous temples like the Lord Krishna birthplace temple, Iskcon temple, Marble temple, Banke Bihari Temple, Madan Mohan temple, etc. People visit both the places together because they are situated nearly 15 km away from each other.
- Bharatpur- Located in the state of Rajasthan, this place is famous for its palaces and forts which are in the perfect blend of Mughal and Rajputana architecture. Along with that, it is also famous for Keoladeo Ghana National Park which hosts in itself numerous types of avian population.
- Agra- Located on the banks of the Yamuna River lies the city of Taj. Agra is home to three world heritage sites and is a haven of art and culture and the Mughal architecture.
- Alwar- For all the history buffs, Alwar has a number of palaces, forts, temples, falls and lakes. To visit this heritage-rich city, Septembers to March are the best months because of the pleasant weather conditions.
- Nahan- It is one of the less known places to visit from Delhi. Nahan is located on a hilltop in the Shivallik hills. The town overlooks the lush green hills. There are numerous temples to visit.
If you want to take a perfect break then you should book your rooms at the Grand View Resort and enjoy its hospitality in Nahan.